The main branches are:
- master - the stable version used in productive environments. It is the latest release version which is tested and, to our knowledge, bug-free.
- develop - here the latest development branches are joined when they are finished. At a release the develop branch is merged into the master branch.
The branches in which the work (in progress) is happening have following prefixes:
- feature_ - e.g. feature_user_profile_images
- fix_ - e.g. fix_map_bug
When work on these branches is finished they are merged into the develop branch. Around once a month a new version is released where the develop branch is merged into the master branch.
When working on a new feature it's a good workflow to begin from the develop branch and merge it regularly to keep merge conflicts to a minimum.
There may be some other prefixed branches which won't be merged regularly:
- try_ - if something was tried out and put aside for the moment but may be continued later
- test_ - special versions that are used to test specific scenarios