Image Overlay in Leaflet
For detailed digitisation of archaeological and other structures it will be necessary to enable image overlays in the map.
This can be achieved by using the leaflet imageoverlay function: https://leafletjs.com/reference-1.4.0.html#imageoverlay
E.g for the plot of the Stará Kouřim cemetery. Therefore it needs a rectified image file with known bounds. This file can be added to the map by:
var imageUrl = 'plots/Kourim_north_georeferenced.png',
imageBounds = [[49.99800, 14.99246], [49.99747, 14.99328]];
Also the max zoom needs to be modified to 30 for maximum details. Then it will be possible to draw the features directly in the map.
Maybe we can, for the beginning, add this image hardcoded as a test into the dpp-map and for the future, work on a feature to dynamically add image files to the map by defining their imagebounds either by coordinates/bounding boxes or by choosing the coordinates in the map.
I added a screenshot of one of my test versions as well (The image is displayed there with activated alpha channel so the background is transparent).
bw and thx
PS: the "immediate" priority is not to be considered soooo seriously ;-)
#1 Updated by Alexander Watzinger about 1 month ago
- Target version set to Wishlist
- Priority changed from Immediate to Low
- Assignee deleted (
- Status changed from New to Acknowledged
This feature will require
- Adoptions in the backend: add new images with additional information like georeferencing
- Adoptions to the map: a frontend developer, Christoph will start in February
- Some conceptional work e.g. adding an extra view for basemap image manipulation. It has to be considered that, among other things, raising the zoom level will render the standard basemaps unusable.
Maybe we discuss it at the next meeting. About creating issues, especially about priority and assignee maybe take a look at: How to report an issue
Thank you for reporting with such detailed informations, it sounds like an interesting cool feature, Alex