Groups or legal bodies containing other groups/legal bodies?
Translation from Group in Menschliche Gruppe is misleading and not CIDOC comform, because a group can also contain legal body.
This isn't a translation issue (see notes) but we should look into the situation nevertheless because at the moment it is possible to add groups or legal bodies to other groups/legal bodies. Question is if it should be possible.
#1 Updated by Alexander Watzinger 9 months ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Alexander Watzinger
In this case we are using the CIDOC CRM translations and "Menschliche Gruppe" is such a translation, see:
Thank you for reporting anyway, we know that often its not clear which labels are from CIDOC CRM and which are from us.
In this case, if the wording seems to you not CIDOC conform, you would have to discuss this with them so closing the ticket.
#2 Updated by Alexander Watzinger 9 months ago
- Status changed from Closed to Acknowledged
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version set to 3.9.0
- Subject changed from Translation Group in Menschliche Gruppe to Groups or legal bodies containing other groups/legal bodies?
- Tracker changed from Refactor to Bug
Reopened and changed title and tracker to bug because other questions beside the translation surfaced.
#4 Updated by Stefan Eichert 9 months ago
- Status changed from Acknowledged to Closed
We leave the decision about the membership of groups in legal bodies and vice versa to the user. Both would be CIDOC CRM conform and there might be cases in which this can be needed, even if we now cannot think about such a case. Thank you for reporting anyway.