API: CSV export for network analysis
For a network analyisis, we need node and link lists.
Entities (Source, Actor, Event, Place, Artefact, Reference) should be in separate CSV based on their view name or system class (to decide).
Entities CSV should contain the basic information (name, description, timespan, maybe basic type) as text/string.
Further types should be in a separate CSV file.
Geometries should be in a separate CSV file. As Johannes stated, most tools only support points, so for polygons and linestrings a point has to be calculated.
LinkThe following link CSVs will be needed:
- UI Entities links (direct links between UI Entities)
- Between UI Entities and Types
- Between UI Entities and Geometries
The link CSV also should contain relation information
It would be preferable to select the output of CSV files. Some use cases:
- Events with type "Change of Property" and all Actors and Places linked to them
- Places with type "Church" linked to Events
- Actors linked to other Actors with the link "parent of (child of)"
Please feel free to add use cases!
The first step is to implement the needed uses cases in an API request. If this is possible, UI solutions can be though of.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 9 months ago
- Status changed from New to Assigned
Thank you Berni for documenting in such detail. For geometries we already calculate points. It's than called polygon_point and used in map views, see model/database/gis.py
public.ST_AsGeoJSON(public.ST_PointOnSurface(polygon.geom)) AS polygon_point
But this only works for polygons, not sure what to do about lines.