Connecting events sequentially
Original request from CONNEC:
Can we connect letters (as sources) in the same way that we connect actors? Alice has found on-going disputes that produced a number of different letters, and she would like to connect these letters among them.
It's now possible to chain events which allows to put them in sequence, e.g. for journey or a letter exchange events.
This can be done using the new form field Preceding event at event insert/update.
Model: event > P134 (continued) > event
Once entered, preceding and succeeding events will be displayed in the info tab when viewing an event. This is the first implementation, refining may follow, e.g.
- Usability: e.g. when entering an event a button to immediately enter the next in sequence
- Display: e.g. a view to display a whole event chain
- Validation: currently it is only checked if it's not a connection to itself. Maybe we add checks to make sure there are no circular dependencies, date integrity issues, ...
- Currently it is possible that one event can have multiple proceeding events (preceding can be only one). Not sure if we leave it at that.
Updated by Alexander Watzinger 29 days ago
- Subject changed from Connecting events (e.g. letter exchange events) to Connecting events sequentially
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Acknowledged to Closed
- Assignee set to Alexander Watzinger
Finished implementing chaining of events. Will be released with major version 7.0.0
Please note the updated description for implementation details.